- zucchini squash
- cabbage (optional)
- can of chick peas, drained
- salt and pepper
- chicken soup mix (pareve if you want the dish to be pareve)
1. In a soup pot, fry two onions in a bit of oil.
2. Add vegetables, chick peas and spices. Use quantities according to taste. Cover with water.
3. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until vegetables are softened but not mushy.
4. Make couscous according to package directions.
5. To serve, spread couscous on a shallow serving plate. Top in the center with the stew.
* This tastes best when served within hours of making.